Women who stop smoking by the age of 30 'evade earlier death risks'. A Study of more than a million women in the U.K. showed that those who gave up smoking by the age of 30 avoid the risks of dying from tobacco - related diseases almost completely. On average, they lost a month of life and if they stopped by the age of 40 they lost a year. Lifelong smokers died a decade earlier than those who had never smoked.
It is really important to convince young people not to start smoking. The picture is the same for both men and women.
The crucial risk factor is time spent smoking, rather than the amount. Professor Peto said, "If you smoke 10 cigarettes a day for 40 years it's a lot more dangerous than smoking 20 cigarettes aday for 20 years. Even if you smoke a few cigarettes a day you're twice as likely to die at middle age".
Smoking also has more effects on the body than leading to an early death, such as ageing of the skin . It can also affect fertility and there are dangers from smoking during and after pregnancy.
* Smoking kills.
* Stopping works.
* The earlier you stop the better.
* Smoking is responsible for more than five million deaths worldwide every year.
* Smoking tobacco is a known or possible cause of around 25 diseases.
* Cigarette smoke contains 4000 chemicals that can damage the human body.
* Eighty of which are known to cause cancer.
* Smokers are five times more likely to give up for good after 28 days of not smoking.
* The best thing for your health is to avoid smoking at all.
For more information on stopping smoking contact Assured Effects Hypnotherapy on 0800 313 4233or http://www.poolehypnosis.com/index.html